Vladimir Maricic was born on January 26. 1965. in a town of Sabac (80 km from Belgrade), where he graduated primary music school and high school. His professional career started in 1985, when he went to Belgrade and formed Artbop Quartet with tenorist Ljuba Paunic and drummer Miroslav Karlovic. After one year he become member of “Lazar Tosic Quintet”, most famous jazz drummer in Serbia. With this band he performed his first concerts abroad. In 1989 he went to London (UK) and had cooperation with brazilian bassist Ricardo Santos, and drummer Mark Fletcher. After a year of performing in best known jazz clubs (606, jazz caffe) he recorded some material.
When he came back in Serbia, he recorded additional material with Serbian bassist Michael Blam and percussionist Nenad Jelic, and released it together as album “Ornaments” for domestic labels, “PGP RTB”. In 1990 he performed, in trio, on his first international jazz festival, “Zagreb Jazz Fair”, with obvious success. In 1994 he released his second album “Paganic Trilogy”.
For the first time he mixed Serbian traditional music with jazz. It was successful and it is in music shops until now. In 1998 he released his third CD, “Ritual”, which was even more traditional, and less jazz. In 2000. he released soundtrack CD, from theater show “The Pianist”, with original compositions, in quintet, with his trio and brass section of Belgrade radio big band. In 2001 he released his fifth CD “Old Dreams & New Friends”, with famous jazz musicians such as Mr. Alvin Queen – dr. and Mr. Reggie Johnson –bass. It was a jazz CD with four originals and five jazz standards in original arrangements. In 2003. he released “Prelo”, for domestic label, “BK Sound”. Prelo is latest, and probably, most interesting CD. It is mixture of Serbian traditional violin music and jazz and latino music. On this CD, the cooperation was made with the best string orchestra in Serbia, “St. George String Orchestra”. Traditional musical ornaments were carefully merged with jazz lines all the way including solos. Violin lines were written in the same manner, since violin tradition in Serbia is deep and rich. Prelo in Serbian language means village fire (in autumn, gathering people around fire, roasting young corns, making new friendships etc.). The idea was to make musical “Prelo” which will gather so different traditions around virtual fire, this CD.
The new cd “Romano-Cubano” will be released in september 2005. for domestic label “MASCOM”,a subsidary of Warner Music. In 2011 he founded his own label ``Global Music Sound`` and releases cd ``The Streets Of Balkan`` and performes at ``Dom Sindikata`` in Belgrade.National service ``RTS`` recorded concert in HD quality.
He became a father in 2011 after long time.
In 2015. He relased new cd ‘’ The Magic That Never Stops’’ ( Magija koja ne prestaje). In 2016. He & his quartet opened 32. Belgrade Jazz Festival featuring one of the best trumpet players in the world, Mr. Brian Lynch.Bend performed Vladimir’s originals like ‘’Prelo’’, ‘’Socerdan’’ etc. The concert was recorded by national broadcast company RTS. CD containing live concert recording is soon to be released in Europe & USA.
In 2019. CD ‘’Rain Dance’’ was released containing live recording of Belgrade Jazz Festival concert. In 2019. Vladimir and his quartet performed on “Semana International Jazz Festival” on Tenerife (Spain). The same year, they performed in Paris ( Jazzy Colours Festival) and few days later on “Intime Jazz Festival” IN Banja Luka ( Republic Of Srpska). In december 2020. Vladimir Maricic Quartet performed on Belgrade International Jazz Festival.
In june 2021. Vladimir and his quartet released new cd “IBAR” for domestic label PGP RTS. One of most influential jazz journalists, Mr. Thomas Conrad ( Jazz Times, Down Beat etc.) wrote few words on cd cover about Vladimir’s music on this cd.
International festivals experience
- 1988 – Zagreb International Jazz Fair
- 1989 – 1991 London club scene
- 1990 - Belgrade International Jazz Festival
- 1996. Athens International Jazz Festival
- 1996. Munich International Jazz Festival (solo concert)
- 1997. Belgrade International Summertime Jazz Festival
- 2000. Timisuara Gala Blues – Jazz Festival
- 2001. JazzTitudes” International Festival –Laon (Fr.)
- 2003. Sabac International Blues & Jazz Festival
- 2004. Step Across The Border Festival (Au)
- 2005. Belgrade International Jazz Festival
- 2011. Valjevo International Jazz Festival
- 2013. JazzIbar Kraljevo International Jazz Festival
- 2014. Vrsac ‘’Jazztronic’’ festival, Nishville Jazz Festival
- 2015. Sombor Jazz Festival
- 2016. Belgrade International Jazz Festival, Sabac International Jazz & Blues Festival
- 2019. Semana Internacional De Jazz Ciudad De La Laguna Tenerife
- 2019. JazzIbar Kraljevo Serbia
- 2019. Sabac Internacional Blues & Jazz Festival
- 2019. Paris Jazzy Colours Festival
- 2020. Belgrade International Jazz Festival
Kvartet Vlade Maričića
- Vladimir Maricic – klavir
- Slobodan –Bata Bozanic – bas gitara & akusticna bas gitara
- Dusan Ivanisevic – bubnjevi
- Lazaro Del Toro – udaraljke
Instrumenti i druga tehnička oprema:
- Klavir: Aqoustic piano: Stainway, Besendorfer , Yamaha.
- Electric piano keyboard : Roland RD 700 SX ili RD 800
- Bass pojačalo.: Trace Elliot ili SWR ili Eden. Box 4 X 10’ (ili neko drugo pojačalo u toj klasi.)
- Bubnjevi: Yamaha recording custom: 10’ 12’ 14’ Bass bubanj 18’ doboš 4x14’ ili 5,5x14’
- Konge: 3 LP ( Latin percussion) konge: 12 1/2’, 11’, 9’ sa stalcima
- Mikrofoni : Bubnjevi: 5 kom. , konge: 2 kom. overhead, akustični klavir : 3 kom.,
- Vocal (za govor ) : 1 kom. solista : 1.Bas opciono 1 mikrofon ( ukoliko lineout veza ne funkcioniše)
- Monitori: 5 kom. ( Četiri za bend, jedan za solistu)
- Produžni strujni kablovi za klavijaturu I za bas.
Orkestar je postavljen u obliku polukruga (gledano iz publike) u sledećem redosledu: klavir, bas, bubnjevi, udaraljke.
Za bubnjara ne postavljati praktikabl.
Obezbediti obavezno komad itisona veličine 2m X 2m ili neku sličnu podlogu da se spreči klizanje seta bubnjeva. Bubnjar ne sme biti tačno u sredini postavke, već blago nadesno (gledano iz publike).
Perkusionista se nalazi na desnoj strani naspram klavira I ne sme biti preblizu bubnjara.
Obavezno obezbediti adekvatno osvetljenje na bini kako bi muzičari mogli da čitaju note bez napora.
Na bini mora biti obezbeđena voda u malim flašicama pored svakog muzičara.Takođe treba obezbediti po jedan peškir.